Now Hiring | Sep 18, 2012 | Nicole Gesualdo
Marketing internship in platinum jewelry industry
Platinum Guild International seeks a paid public relations/marketing intern. PGI is a nonprofit company that markets the metal platinum within the jewelry industry, specifically to the bridal market. It provides jewelry professionals with an interactive forum to network, seek advice and share information, and it provides consumers with knowledge about platinum.
SEEKING: 1 PR/marketing intern (paid position)
RESPONSIBILITIES: The intern will assist with the administrative needs of the PR and marketing teams and assist with the daily administrative operations of the office. The intern will report to the Marketing Assistant.
The individual must be enrolled in an undergraduate program in New York City or the surrounding area and have past internship or educational experience in the marketing/PR arena. He/she must be detail-oriented, have the ability to multi-task and have an excellent telephone manner. Must be proficient in the Microsoft suite of programs, preferably on a Mac. The intern must be comfortable asking questions and seeking feedback to grow and learn.
- Maintain company database (update contacts, pull lists, etc.)
- Manage press site maintenance and reporting (uploading photos, press releases)
- Organize product photography (photocopies, filing)
- Product returns
- Support event planning and meetings
- Maintain various reporting spreadsheets
- General administrative duties (light shipping, ordering office supplies, greeting office visitors)
TIME COMMITMENT: 20 hours per week
If interested, please e-mail your résumé as soon as possible to Jill Moynihan at email@example.com.