Microsoft Finance Rotation Program
Now Hiring | Aug 30, 2012 | admin
Are you ready to manage the finances of a multi-billion-dollar global enterprise? If so, your financial expertise, analytical insights and foresight will find a welcome reception at Microsoft. Here, it’s not just about the numbers that make Microsoft tick — it’s also about how we examine the trends they illuminate to manage our business better and enhance our long-term profit potential.
Our entry-level finance position includes participating in a two-year Finance Rotation Program where you’ll learn from the best in the world and build career-enhancing skills as you explore the many facets of finance operations at a Fortune 100 company. The Finance Rotation Program is designed to attract and build future finance leaders through four six-month rotations that develop the analyst’s intellectual horsepower, drive for results, and self-awareness. First-year rotations focus on foundational learning, including risk assessment, business processes and an understanding of Microsoft as a corporation. The analyst will build on these skills in year two, which focuses on exploratory learning, including advanced business modeling and decision support. This exceptional program is a tremendous opportunity for new graduates to develop expertise in a range of different areas.
As a first-year analyst, you will have the opportunity to work on Profit & Loss and Organizational Risk assignments:
- The Profit & Loss Rotation will give you the opportunity to understand various financial cycles, as well as the precision and application of Profit & Loss to Microsoft decisions and analysis. Analysts will begin to focus and develop on modeling skills by managing and manipulating complex data.
- The Organizational Risk Rotation will allow you to determine the level of risk to both segments of the company and Microsoft as a corporation. Responsibilities include identifying root causes of risks and analyzing business processes and execution plans to provide a framework for improvement. You will also learn relationships and responsibilities of Microsoft’s worldwide subsidiaries, operating centers and/or corporate entities through on-site engagements, while understanding how to effectively gather information and communicate complex findings.
- As you gain the necessary skills to move into more complex roles, your second year will provide the opportunity to work in a Decision Support role and explore opportunities of particular interest through an Elective role:
- The Decision Support Rotation will allow you to understand the focus and strategies of finance leaders, comprehend methods and practices in making executive decisions and further build on advanced modeling skills.
- The Elective Rotation offers an opportunity to enhance, deepen, or specialize in a discipline already experienced or explore opportunities in an area of interest and broaden exposure across the organization.
- Each rotation will focus on building business partnership, business acumen, and personal leadership skills through a variety of different means. With progression into subsequent rotations, the analyst will enhance skills gained, while acquiring new, more complex proficiencies. Upon completion of the four rotations, the analyst will have accelerated his/her professional growth and developed a very strong network across the company.
- Currently pursuing, or completed within 12 months, a 4-year degree. Finance, accounting, economics or business majors preferred
- 1 to 2 years classroom or work experience in financial risk analysis preferred
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- U.S. citizenship or permanent residency
IMPORTANT: You must follow both steps to apply.
1. Apply via http://careers.microsoft.com/careers/en/us/grad-finance-jobs.aspx
2. Apply via CareerLink #11433 by September 19, 2012