Lehman Center: Marketing Assistant (F/T)
Now Hiring | Sep 18, 2012 | admin
Lehman Center for the Performing Arts, Inc.
Type: Freelance Consultant (35 hours per week), Experienced
Required education: BA/BS
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Lehman Center for the Performing Arts — the premier concert hall in the Bronx — boasts a 2,300 seat, state-of-the-art concert hall and multidisciplinary arts center. Its diverse programming includes world-class salsa and tropical music, headlining entertainers such as Patti Labelle and Gladys Knight, world music and dance, and touring Broadway musical productions.
Lehman Center seeks an experienced Marketing Assistant to provide energetic, creative, strategic leadership in marketing and promoting the Center and its diverse program. Though the Marketing Assistant has consultant status, he/she will be a vital component of the senior management team, directing all of Lehman Center’s communication efforts, including marketing and promotion, media relations, public information and audience development.
The Marketing Assistant’s primary areas of responsibility are to spearhead the development and implementation of innovative, effective, multi-pronged marketing and sales efforts focusing on both short- and long-term goals; to successfully promote Lehman Center’s events regionally and to maximize revenues through paid admissions, ticket sales, media sponsorships and other sources; and to sustain and expand Lehman Center’s various audiences. The person in this position will:
- Be responsible for keeping the Center current on all social media platforms
- Be responsible for digital marketing correspondence about performances, programs and development campaigns
- Be responsible for all mailings of promotional materials
- Assist in the preparation of brochures, ads, fliers, playbills, newsletters and other publications
- Provide back-up ticket sales/phone order support on computerized ticketing system and maintain daily contact with media sponsors and media reps
- Duties may also include seasonal group ticket and playbill advertising
- Perform other related duties as required
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
Principles and practices of marketing, computer software applications, English grammar and punctuation, general office practices and procedures.
Apply via CareerLink job posting #11942.