Part-time investment banking intern, syndicated and leveraged finance, major investment bank
Now Hiring | Oct 19, 2012 | admin
About the company: The firm provides a wide range of capital market products and services to corporate, financial sponsor and institutional clients. The syndicated and leveraged finance function is an integral part of the full suite of services offered under investment banking. Investment banking professionals provide corporate clients with capital markets and banking advice and transaction execution.
Position: Investment banking analyst, syndicated and leveraged finance group (part-time, paid internship)
About the position: Analysts work with a group of experienced professionals as they pitch, advise and execute. Working under the overall direction of senior bankers, you will be assigned to transactions and will stick with the clients and the deals as they move, for example, from a bridge loan to a debt issue or advisory mandate.
In this capacity you will:
- Research and analyze clients’ financial situations, industry and market data, debt financing and merger and acquisition opportunities;
- Value private and public companies using various methodologies;
- Create financing models to project a client’s ability to pay off bank debt;
- Assist with client negotiations and credit documentation;
- Prepare external client proposals and internal underwriting memos; and
- Support creation of client presentations.
Qualifications: A sophomore or junior with either a major or significant coursework in a business-related field is required (finance, economics, accounting), along with a combination of strong financial/analytical skills and excellent communication abilities. Successful candidates must have the capability to become adept at financial modeling and be able to work effectively in a team environment.
Apply via CareerLink, job ID# 12858