Home » Now Hiring » BMW Exit Genius Internship

BMW Exit Genius Internship

Now Hiring | Sep 27, 2012 |

BMW of North America, LLC:
Fordham University Internship Program

Title: Exit Genius/Social Media Analyst Intern

BMW of North America, Eastern Region, announces a new internship opportunity at selected BMW dealerships in the New York metro area. Called an “Exit Genius,” this intern ensures a premium experience to customers at the end of their service visit. The intern also provides additional support to the BMW dealer in the area of social media, including, but not limited to, online reputation management, search-engine marketing, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.

BMW is looking for students with strong communication skills to effectively relay information to customers: As the “Exit Genius” accompanies BMW customers to their vehicles after a service visit, he or she has the ability to influence and add to a customer’s experience and to increase the customer’s overall service satisfaction. Students also should have strong skills in social media, which has become the most influential marketing tool dealers can use to reach potential customers and current BMW drivers. Using social-media platforms effectively can increase a dealership’s fan community by up to 50 percent.

This internship gives students valuable insight into a premium brand’s customer orientation and overall exposure to the automotive industry. Successful candidates will have the ability to learn vehicle technology, such as navigation systems, Bluetooth and driver-assistance features. An intern will spend 75 percent of the time as an “Exit Genius” and the other 25 percent assisting with social media.

The internship may turn into a permanent position if qualifying participants thrive and show potential to grow.

Preferred fields of study: Marketing, advertising, business management, communications, hospitality, online marketing

Additional skills: Microsoft Office, public speaking

Attributes: Conscientious, responsible, able to work independently and highly motivated. Customer-service skills are a must. Intern will be required to dress appropriately. Business attire is preferred but depends on each dealership’s management.

Languages: Fluent in English, oral and written; Spanish a plus

Schedule: Weekdays, hours TBD; Saturdays optional, depending on student schedule)

Locations: BMW dealerships within a few miles of Fordham

  • BMW of Manhattan (2 positions available)
  • BMW of Bloomfield
  • Rallye BMW
  • Prestige BMW

Apply via CareerLink, ID# 12345.

Connect with the Gabelli School of Business

© 2024 Gabelli School of Business

GabelliConnect is the news site of the Gabelli School of Business at Fordham University. Read about career opportunities, campus events, student and alumni success stories, and more.