Develop your entrepreneurial idea with Fordham’s help
Areas of Study , Entrepreneurship , Entrepreneurship Society Student Organizations & Clubs | Sep 16, 2011 | Nicole Gesualdo
Gabelli students and alumni are once again invited to participate in the Fordham Accelerator for Business, an intensive graduate-school-run program designed to help prepare entrepreneurs to launch or build their businesses.
The FAB program, as it is becoming known (and it is indeed “fab”), ran for the first time this past summer. Several Gabelli students participated. The program is open to undergraduates with permission — which is worth getting, specifically for these benefits:
- Experience an immersive, hands-on approach, guided by experienced practitioners in the field
- Come away with a complete toolkit for startups
- Work in teams of three to workshop one idea
- Receive individualized coaching from experienced business executives
- Present your business proposal to seasoned entrepreneurs and venture capital professionals.
For more information, including how to apply, click here for the FAB page on GBA’s web site. Here are some specifics in the meanwhile:
START DATE: First week of October
TIME COMMITMENT: Once a week for 10 weeks
LOCATION: GBA classrooms at Lincoln Center
PROGRAM ADMISSION: By application
COST: $150 for current Fordham students, staff, faculty and alumni who have graduated in the past three years. $450 for all other participants.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: September 27, 2011
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Follow the link above or contact Jean Howard, program director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photograph courtesy of Billy Nata on Flickr’s Creative Commons.