Undergraduate | Aug 08, 2017 | Jacquelyn Hart
Academic resources to start the semester on the right track
Whether you want to brush up on your writing skills or need tutoring in a specific class, Fordham University offers helpful resources at either campus. Make note of the list below for the fall semester.
Gabelli School Tutors
Tutoring appointments, in addition to various advising sessions, can be booked through GabelliAccess. When logging on, you will see on the right-hand side of the page “Career Tools and Advising” and, subsequently, “Request an Advising Appointment or Schedule Tutoring.”
Math Help Room
Any student enrolled in a mathematics course at Fordham is welcomed on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Rose Hill: JMH 410
- Lincoln Center: Lowenstein 302F
The schedule varies, so see the door for the most up-to-date version.
Economics Tutoring Center
Free tutoring is offered for some economics, calculus, and statistics courses. You should reserve a session, but walk-ins are welcome if a tutor is available.
- Rose Hill: Dealy Hall, 5th Floor Economics Department (E-535)
- Lincoln Center: see Kerri Maguire in Lowenstein 924 to direct you to the tutoring center location.
This free service is available to any Fordham student. Tutors evaluate writing in all disciplines. You can simply brainstorm or look over a final draft. Appointments are suggested, but walk-ins will be helped if a tutor is available.
- Rose Hill: Walsh Library, Reference Area, Room 121
- Lincoln Center: Quinn Library, Room 233
- To learn about everything from academic advising to how to order student business cards, view the Gabelli School of Business’ Undergraduate Student Resources page.
- Be sure to make use of the Gabelli School’s Personal and Professional Development Center, too. It offers industry-specific career guidance and builds on what you get from Career Services.