Featured Events | Sep 10, 2012 | Nicole Gesualdo
Students invited to Global Conference for Social Change
The Foundation for Social Change, a nonprofit that focuses on “how doing good is good for business,” invites Gabelli School students to participate in its November 9 Global Conference for Social Change, organized in cooperation with the United Nations Office for Partnerships and NYU.
Dean Rapaccioli has graciously offered to sponsor the first 5 Gabelli School students who reply, using the instructions below, to attend the conference free of charge. Sponsored students will be asked to write something about their experience.
Students who wish to participate but do not secure a Gabelli-sponsored pass can still attend by signing up and paying the entrance fee on this registration site. Those students should enter the code NYUS90 and register before October 1 to receive the discounted admission of $30.
Date: Friday, November 9, 2012
Time: 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Location: NYU Stern, Paulson Auditorium, 44 West Fourth Street
Attend: E-mail Christine Janssen-Selvadurai, head of the entrepreneurship program, to request one of the 5 Gabelli-sponsored free passes. First-come, first-served. Once those passes are gone, if you still want to attend and pay for your own admission, see the instructions above.
This year’s conference honors professionals whom the foundation has identified as “leaders of change” — corporate executives and entrepreneurs who “exemplify how creativity, entrepreneurship and innovation and solve environmental problems and drive profitability.” They include:
- Livia Giuggioli Firth, founder, Green Carpet Challenge for Sustainable Fashion
- Frederic Roze, U.S. president, L’Oréal
- Steve Ells, CEO and founder, Chipotle
- Tom Szaky, CEO and founder, TerraCycle
- Tim McCollum, co-founder, Madecasse
- Peter Knight, co-founder, Generation Investment Management
- Stanley M. Bergman, chairman and CEO, Henry Schein
- Kelly Serrau, senior vice president of global affairs, SC Johnson
- Eileen Fisher, CEO and founder, Eileen Fisher
For more information about the Foundation for Social Change and its events, click here.