Register for the 2014 Smart Girls Summit, July 9-10
Featured Events | Apr 28, 2014 | Claire Curry
Join us for the first annual Smart Girls Summit on July 9 – 10, 2014, a great place to meet like-minded women on the road toward success and get advice from seasoned pros who have already made it to the top. This conference brings together Fortune 500 CEOs, business owners, media experts, activists, students and young entrepreneurs to share ideas and discuss everything from career advice, fashion, blogging and the state of feminism today.
Date: July 9-10, 2014
Time: July 9, 8:00 a.m. – July 10, 5:00 p.m.
Location: Fordham Lincoln Center
Register: Click here
The conference’s two-day agenda features plenty of networking opportunities as well as panels and career development workshops on topics such as:
- how to leverage your personal brand,
- defining your signature style,
- the future of feminism,
- careers in the media and more.
The Smart Girls Group arms young women with the tools that they need to succeed in all facets of life. With a membership of more than 500 women from 48 states and 25 countries, Smart Girls offers a monthly digital magazine, Smart Girl’s Guide, and daily content on Smart Girl’s Loop. The group also has a campus chapter program in the U.S., Europe, and Canada, online classes, a book club, e-newsletters, and more services exclusive to its online community.
Founded in 2012 by Emily Raleigh (GSB ’16), The Smart Girls Group is a recipient of the 2013 Kenneth Cole AWEARNESS Grant and the 2014 Camp Campbell Competition award. The group was also selected as one of four companies to be in the inaugural class of the Fordham Foundry, a small business incubator, sponsored by Fordham University and the City of New York.
The 2014 Smart Girls Summit is sponsored by the Gabelli School of Business, KPMG, PWC, Microsoft, Kenneth Cole Productions, Stella & Dot, and others.
- Jill Abramson, Executive Editor of The New York Times
- Lauren Bush Lauren, Founder of FEED
- Brenda Berkman, First Woman Firefighter of the NYFD
- D’Arcy Rudnay, Chief Communications Officer of Comcast Corporation
- Lesley Jane Seymour, Editor-in-Chief of More Magazine
- Naomi Hirabayashi, Chief Marketing Officer of DoSomething.org
- Kayla Webley, Senior Editor of Marie Claire
- Carly Heitlinger, Author of College Prepster
- Tammy Tibbetts, Founder of She’s the First, Forbes 30 Under 30
- Soraya Darabi, Founder of Zady, Entrepreneur 30 Under 30
- Kendall Ciesemier, Founder of Kids Caring 4 Kids and GLAMOUR College Woman of the Year
- Ashley Parrish, Editor-in-Chief of DailyCandy
- Julie Zeilinger, Founder & Editor of The FBomb
- Mackenzie Horan, Blogger & Boutique Owner of Design Darling
- Kat Lazo, Feminist Media Activist & Founder of TheeKatsMeoww
- Renata M. Black, Founder of Empowered By You and Seven Bar Foundation
Early registration begins on April 28, 2014. For details, email Alexa, conference director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.