February 26: Grab an employer’s attention in 15 seconds
Featured Events Personal & Professional Development | Feb 21, 2013 | Nicole Gesualdo
A potential employer opens your application and downloads your résumé.
In 15 seconds, you’re on the “call” list — or you’re toast.
So much of the hiring process is like this: Time-crunched recruiters and managers have to make split-second decisions about whether you’re moving on.
- Can your résumé make an impression that fast?
- How about your LinkedIn profile?
- Do you have an “elevator pitch” that’ll get someone’s attention just as quickly?
This workshop will help you answer yes to those questions.
Date: Tuesday, February 26, 2013
Time: 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Location: Daleo Hall B (lower-level room in Hughes)
Register: Click here
Gabelli School career coach Rob Hellmann will cover a wide variety of topics, such as:
- Résumé “before”s and “after”s — revisions that work!
- Nine “do”s and six “don’t”s for a successful résumé
- How to handle issues such as employment gaps or GPA problems
- Adapting your résumé for your LinkedIn profile
- Developing a pitch to answer the “Tell me about yourself” question