New case competition offers $5K in total prizes
Featured Events | Feb 09, 2015 | Nicole Gesualdo
Nike has a corporate responsibility plan. Starbucks has a corporate responsibility plan.
Let’s say you had to develop a corporate responsibility plan.
What would yours look like?
You and some teammates can win up to $2,500 answering that question, as part of a new case competition sponsored by Fordham University’s centralized Career Services office.
The case has been provided by Career Services: You will read about a 3-D printing business, led by a woman named Julia, and use your business knowledge to write a corporate responsibility plan for her operation.
Details of the competition are below.
Dates and deadlines:
- 03.06.2015 – Deadline for teams to apply online
- 03.24.2015, 11:59 p.m. – E-mail deadline for team written submissions
- 04.01.2015 – Finalist teams notified
- 04.07.2015 – Finalist presentations and award presentation
What will you win?
- First-place team: $2,500
- Second-place team: $1,500
- Third-place team: $1,000
- Teams should be composed of three to six Fordham students.
- Teams should exhibit a passion for social innovation.
- Graduate students and seniors cannot represent more than 50 percent of the team membership. A four-person team is allowed at most two graduate students, or two seniors, or one senior and one graduate student.
- The team membership must demonstrate and celebrate diversity in academic major, personal interest, culture, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, experience and/or abilities. The team will be asked what makes it diverse in the application process.
- At least half of the team must be available to attend the banquet and present on 04.07.2015 if the team is selected as a finalist.
For more information, see the detail sheet.