Asian Women in Business scholarships available
Featured Events | Apr 25, 2013 | Nicole Gesualdo
The Asian Women In Business Scholarship is a minimum $2,500 prize awarded to exceptional Asian female students who have demonstrated scholarship, leadership, community service and/or entrepreneurship.
Gabelli School students who fit the requirements are encouraged to apply.
The deadline is August 1, 2013, but we recommend you begin the process soon if you are interested.
Candidates for the scholarship must be females of Asian (includes those who can trace their ancestry from Bangladesh, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Laos, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Philippines, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam) or Pacific Islander ancestry and must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
Candidates must also fulfill the following criteria to be considered:
- Have at least one or more of the following: a) demonstrated a leadership role in a community endeavor and/or b) a record of entrepreneurial achievement.
- Be enrolled full-time in an accredited four-year undergraduate institution in the United States at the time of application and award. Please be advised that this scholarship is for currently enrolled undergraduates who have completed at least one semester.
- Carry a minimum of 3.0 (out of 4.0) GPA at the time of application (high school credit/grades do not count toward this scholarship).
- Provide their most recent college transcript; semi-finalists will be required to provide their official college transcript.
- Provide a minimum of one professional recommendation.
- Fully complete and sign the AWIB Scholarship Application.
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- An additional $2,500 will be awarded to applicants (for a total of $5,000) who can demonstrate a financial need by submitting a copy of the current FAFSA form.
To review the scholarship information, read a list of frequently asked questions and access the application, go to www.awib.org/Scholarship.
If you have any questions or concerns after reading the information provided at the link above, please contact Asian Women in Business at 212.868.1368 or email@example.com.