Introducing the Boardroom Series: Meet executives and network!
Featured Events Stories | Aug 28, 2012 | Nicole Gesualdo
Students who were at the Gabelli School last year are already familiar with the Alumni/Student Supper Club and the Morning Meeting — two premier event series that connect students with alumni, executives and other business leaders for networking.
We are proud to announce the debut of a third component for 2012-2013: the Boardroom Series.
The aim of the Boardroom Series, much like the Supper Club and Morning Meeting, is to give students a chance to meet with visiting CEOs, founders of businesses, and other noteworthy individuals in a small-scale setting. This is not a big, anonymous lecture-hall visit from a prominent person. Each session — available by application only — will bring together a high-profile visitor with just a few students, perhaps five or 10. You and the presenter will finish the event having had a legitimate chance to get to know each other personally.
The Boardroom Series will allow Gabelli students to:
- meet and get to know an experienced professional
- network and gather career advice
- learn more about a specific niche of the business world
How does the Boardroom Series work?
- Notices of upcoming sessions are posted here on GabelliConnect a few weeks in advance, with a bio of the guest presenter.
- The GabelliConnect post will include an application link. The application will be quick and easy — it will only take 3 to 5 very worthwhile minutes of your time!
- Students will be chosen based on their applications and the capacity of the room. Selected students will be notified by e-mail with the details for their attendance.
Please note that selected students must attend, out of fairness to both the presenter and to other Gabelli School students who wanted to participate but were not selected. Students who do not attend without providing proper notice may be ineligible for future Boardroom events for a certain period.
Watch this site soon for the first Boardroom Series announcement. We hope you will be able to participate!