Attend the Gabelli School of Business Sports Business Initiative Annual Symposium for a keynote address given by Brittany Collens, WTA pro tennis player; as well as panel events following the talk.
Brittany Collens is a professional tennis player on the WTA Tour. She won an A-10 Championship while playing at the University of Massachusetts at Amherst until the title was stripped along with her record due to a minor accounting error in the computation of her scholarship by the school. She will describe how this event made her an activist for college athlete rights and her present life as a professional tennis player on the WTA circuit.
Collens will discuss:
– Becoming a young competitive tennis player
– Balancing academic studies and athletic pursuits while in college
– Rising market power of college athletes in the wake of the NCAA’s diminished powers
– Adapting to life on the pro tennis tour
– Dealing with injuries
– Financing the costs of competition
– Investment scams
– Predicting the future of the sports and where she sees herself as her pro career continues
This event is open to all members of the Fordham Community and to the public.
After Collen’s interview, the Symposium will continue with panels on:
– Sports Communications from Multiple Perspectives
– Growth of International Relations in American Sports Leagues
– Operations Management in Pro Football
Having trouble syncing to your Google Calendar? Details