CIT financial analyst applications due this week
Areas of Study , Featured Events Finance | Oct 03, 2012 | Nicole Gesualdo
Seniors — especially finance majors — should consider applying for the financial analyst position at CIT. Applications are due this Saturday, October 6. Applications are being accepted now through CareerLink.
Founded in 1908, CIT is a bank holding company with more than $33 billion in finance and leasing assets. A member of the Fortune 500, it provides financing and leasing capital to its small business and middle market clients and their customers across more than 30 industries. CIT maintains leadership positions in small business and middle market lending, factoring, retail finance, aerospace, equipment and rail leasing, and global vendor finance.
The financial analyst program offers a highly experiential, challenging career opportunity with exposure to the firm’s businesses and senior management. Analysts have a unique opportunity to not only gain exposure but to get involved and contribute in all facets of transaction generation and execution, including developing detailed financial models, preparing valuation analyses, compiling industry and client company data, assisting with due diligence and developing various presentation materials. Working with senior leaders, analysts develop key analytical, communications, marketing and sales skills.
- Analyzing financial statements relating to companies and industries;
- Creating statistical exhibits from various financial analyses;
- Building financial valuation models to evaluate projected financial results; and
- Developing client presentations, pitch books and marketing memoranda.
Successful candidates will possess the following attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Major/concentration in finance preferred;
- Internship experience in analytical roles in financial services required.
- Outstanding academic achievement – minimum overall GPA 3.3.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and strong quantitative orientation required;
- Superior work ethic;
- Strong leadership, teamwork and relationship-building skills;
- Detailed knowledge of Microsoft Office applications to produce financial models, industry reports and comparable company analyses;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to express ideas in a persuasive, confident, organized and articulate manner;
- Highly motivated with organizational and time-management skills to efficiently handle multiple tasks with changing priorities;
- Ability to function independently and as part of a deal team; and
- Creativity, resourcefulness and insight
IMPORTANT NOTE TO APPLICANTS: When posting, please indicate your top three choices in order of preference from the following CIT businesses, including the location:
- Transportation Business Unit – Specializes in providing customized leasing and secured financing, primarily to end users of aircraft, locomotives and railcars. Our transportation equipment financing services include operating leases, single investor leases, equity portions of leveraged leases and sale and leaseback arrangements, as well as loans secured by equipment. Our equipment financing clients represent major and regional airlines (U.S. and international), North American railroad companies, and middle-market to larger-sized companies. Analyst positions are available in the following areas and locations:
- CIT Aerospace – New York, Florida: One of the world’s leading aircraft leasing organizations, CIT Aerospace provides leasing and financing packages – including operating leases and structuring and advisory services – for commercial airlines worldwide. CIT Aerospace owns a fleet of more than 335 commercial aircraft leased and financed to more than 100 customers in 55 countries.
- Transportation Lending – New York, Connecticut: Provides comprehensive financing solutions to manufacturers, suppliers and service providers in the aerospace, defense, homeland security, rail, inter-modal logistics and marine industries.
- Financial Institutions Group – New York, Florida: Focuses on strategy and execution of trading CIT Aerospace operating leases and loans; origination of new business across a broad mandate including debt securities, spot market loans, newly originated loan facilities, and aircraft acquisition opportunities; identification of financing alternatives for the CIT Aerospace portfolio; and strategic initiatives on behalf of CIT Aerospace.
- Corporate Finance Business Unit – Provides lending, leasing and other financial and advisory services to the small business and middle market sectors, with a focus on specific industries, including communications, energy, entertainment, healthcare, industrials, information services and technology, restaurants, retail, sports and gaming. Analyst positions are available in the following areas & locations:
- Commercial & Industrial – New Jersey, New York, Illinois: The recognized leader in financing retailers, manufacturers, distributors, restaurants, equipment, etc., with a multi-product offering of asset based lending (ABL) and cash flow leveraged finance lending for middle market companies in those industries not covered by the other verticals. Equipment finance is an additional sub-vertical providing equipment financing solutions for middle market companies in a wide range of industries. We have nearly a century of experience in developing innovative financial products and services that are flexible, affordable and tailored to our customers’ specific needs.
- Communications, Media and Entertainment – New Jersey: Targeted clients are major/non-major studios, production companies, foreign distributors, sport franchises and casinos, and additionally focuses on service providers primarily in the wireless, cable television, data center and communications tower segments, as well as providers of services and solutions in the information services, enterprise software, and business and technology service segments.
- Energy – New York, Texas: Provides financing and financial advice to companies or specific transactions in four major sectors of the mid-market energy industry: A) the exploration and production of oil and gas, and coal, B) the transportation, storage and processing of fuels, C) the production and transmission of electricity through conventional or renewable fuel sources and D) the companies that provide the technology, services and logistics to support these sectors.
- Healthcare – New York: Provides a full spectrum of capital-raising and M&A advisory services to leading middle market healthcare companies. Since its formation in 2005, CIT Healthcare has advised on more than $2.4 billion in closed M&A transactions and raised more than $5 billion in debt capital for clients. CIT Healthcare seeks to pursue Sole or Left-Lead financing transactions that generate capital markets fees and agency revenues, and to advise privately held and publicly traded companies in sell-side and buy-side M&A mandates.
- Capital Markets – New York: A leading provider of financial products and services to corporate institutions around the world. We raise capital for our clients and distribute loans and other debt and equity products to investors. With access to state-of-the-art technology and a commitment to superior execution, we provide the highest possible level of service and industry knowledge.
- Syndicated Loan Group – Connecticut: Centralizes CIT investments in par bank loan participations and establishes a first-class distressed commercial debt platform. We continue to use our many years of experience investing in bank debt and syndicated commercial loans. We are supported by the industry expertise of the other CIT business units and have developed a highly profitable and well-diversified portfolio.
- Real Estate Finance – New York: Provides senior debt finance to a core clientele of top-tier sponsors in conservatively structured transactions secured by high-quality real estate. Created in late 2011, REF focuses on major 24-hour cities and healthy nationwide markets and their environs in the mid- to upper-market tier with a target sector of office, retail, industrial, multi-family rental and condo construction.
Photograph courtesy of Ernst Moeksis on Flickr’s Creative Commons.