Silver Point Capital to recruit on campus 9/17
Accounting , Areas of Study , Featured Events Finance | Aug 29, 2012 | Nicole Gesualdo
Silver Point Capital, a hedge fund focused on credit and special-situations investing, will be on campus on Monday, September 17, to meet Gabelli School seniors who are interested in accounting and operations careers.
Based in Greenwich, Connecticut, Silver Point has about $6.5 billion under management by a team of about 150 employees. Seniors are invited to participate in this informational event:
Date: Monday, September 17, 2012
Time: 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Location: RH Commons 237
Attend: RSVP through CareerLink
Silver Point is recruiting for two positions: junior fund accountant and operations associate.
Junior Fund Accountant
The junior fund accountant will work with the Operations & Accounting team. All majors are welcome to apply. The firm seeks an enthusiastic candidate with an interest in finance who would welcome an opportunity to learn in a dynamic, team-oriented environment at a large, reputable hedge fund. The Operations & Accounting team is responsible for creating and maintaining a best-in-class infrastructure for a portfolio of diverse investments and entities. The junior fund accountant will:
- Assist in review of investment valuation, including complex investments such as distressed debt, private equity and derivatives;
- Assist in review of profit and loss allocations to investors;
- Drive daily and monthly review functions, including reviews of investment profit and loss, trading activity, broker reconciliations, hedging and economic reporting;
- Prepare financial statements and liaise with auditors;
- Liaise with fund administrator
- Complete other special projects as needed
This role offers a new graduate an excellent opportunity to attain in-depth knowledge of the credit markets while experiencing the pressures and challenges of working within the operations team at a hedge fund. Silver Point is looking for a team-oriented candidate with outstanding intellect and deep personal drive. The operations associate’s core responsibilities include:
- Supporting traders and analysts with transaction-related requests and queries
- Conducting daily trade management process, which includes trade entry and allocation
- Liaising with traders and analysts regarding corporate actions (tenders, amendments, reorgs, offerings, etc.)
- Working with prime brokerage representatives and trading counterparties to coordinate settlement and resolve transaction discrepancies
- Processing day-to-day activities in internal systems
- Processing cash settlements and coordinating wire transfers
- Maintaining daily cash, position and accrual reconciliations
- Participating in the valuation function (pricing a broad range of products on a daily/monthly basis)
- Reviewing daily P&L and producing nightly reporting for the firm
- Assisting in ongoing projects
Seniors who would like to attend should RSVP via CareerLink.