Want to work for MTV? Interns wanted!
Accounting Finance | Oct 19, 2010 | admin
Like math and numbers? Looking for an awesome internship? Want to work at one of the coolest companies in Times Square? Consider applying for the opportunity below.
- Students must be registered for an academic credit internship (i.e. internship class, seminar or transcript notation) with their colleges or universities.
- The program runs for a minimum of 10 weeks (excluding weekends).
- Students must be available to work a minimum of two full days per week (no weekends).
- Internships are open to college juniors and seniors, though some departments also accept graduate students and law students.
The program runs during the fall, spring, and summer semesters.
Note: This is an unpaid internship and does not offer housing. Apply HERE.
The following information is reprinted verbatim as provided by Viacom and MTV.
Viacom Corporate Internships
- Viacom Tax is responsible for the preparation of the US Federal and state income and franchise tax returns. We also are required to report our financial results from a tax perspective to the world as part of the 10Q and 10K filings. The tax department is also involved in tax planning and mergers and acquisition activity that occurs.
- Viacom Treasury is responsible for cash management, hedging, inter-company loan management, and capital markets.
- Viacom Corporate Accounting is responsible for monthly and quarterly reporting of Corporate Financial Statements and consolidation of all corporate departmental Financial Data.
- Viacom Controller is responsible for the preparation of consolidated financials statements for our internal and external stakeholders. This includes the preparation of the earnings release, analyst package and supporting financial schedules for both.
MTV Networks Internships (http://www.mtvnetworkscareers.com/internships/)
- MTVN Production Audit is under the MTVN Controllers group. Department performs detail reviews of MTVN Productions (including MTVN news, series, special events and animations) to ensure Productions are in compliance with Viacom and MTVN polices as well as exercising good business practices.
- General Finance (all networks) manages the overall Profit & Loss Statement for the network. This includes ancillary businesses (DVD, international and domestic syndication, Records, download-to-own, etc) along with programming related revenue and expenses.
- Research (all networks) strategize ways to maximize ratings, predict future ratings in a changing environment, keep a close eye on the competitive landscape, recap past ratings performances in a way that is easy to understand for those less familiar with ratings terms, as well as a variety of other functions.