Get to know the Bronx: February 20
Featured Events | Feb 15, 2013 | Nicole Gesualdo
How much do you know about the borough where your campus sits?
Sharpen your knowledge of the city’s northernmost borough at a free presentation on the Bronx’s history and demographics. You don’t even have to leave campus! Here are the details:
Date: Wednesday, February 20, 2013
Time: 3:00 p.m.
Location: Keating 204
Register: e-mail Justin Freitas at firstname.lastname@example.org
This presentation is given by a true expert on the Bronx: Greg Lobo-Jost, the deputy director of the University Neighborhood Housing Program. Mr. Lobo-Jost can talk knowledgeably about:
- The economic decline and rebirth of the Bronx
- “Redlining” and its legacy
- Urban renewal and slum clearance
- “The Bronx is Burning”
- Community organizing and neighborhood leadership
- Housing redevelopment
- Income and wealth inequality
- The current demographic profile of the west Bronx
And much more. Come out to hear this notable speaker, who has presented not only at Fordham, but also at Montefiore Hospital and to the Bronx Defenders.