International students applying for an F-1 student visa, transferring your current F-1 student visa to Fordham University, or changing your visa status, will need to submit several documents to the Office of Admissions in order to receive an I-20/DS-2019. The I-20 turnaround takes approximately two to three weeks once your completed documents are received by the Office of International Services. To avoid delays, you should submit required documents in a timely manner but no later than July 15, 2022. The information below outlines the next steps in the student visa and I-20 process.
1. Accept your offer of admissions and pay the non-refundable enrollment by the date outlined on your admissions letter.
2. Review email instructions sent by the Office of Admissions on how to submit the required documents to begin your I-20 process. Fordham University will require the following documents to issue you an I-20:
• Completed Application for Certificate of Eligibility (AFCOE)
• Documents verifying that you have adequate financial resources to meet the tuition, fees, and living expenses of your full-time program in English (bank statement, bank letter, scholarship award, etc.). Financial documents must indicate that funds are readily available.
• Copy of the biographical data page of your current passport.
• Letter of Admission to the Gabelli School of Business
Transfer Students: If you are currently in the U.S for your studies or have an active U.S visa and plan to transfer your SEVIS Record to Fordham University, you will also be required to provide the following:
• F-1 Transfer form signed by former institution
• If applicable, copies of previous immigration documents
• Current I-20/DS-2019
• I-94 document (“Get most Recent I-94”, follow instructions here)
• If applicable, EAD (OPT card)
3. Log in to your Applicant Status Page and upload all required documents under “Application and Affidavit of Support Documents for I-20 or DS2019”.
4. If required documents are correct the Office of Admissions will forward your documents to the Office of International Services (OIS). A confirmation email will be sent to you when your AFCOE documents have been forwarded to the Office of International Services (OIS).
The review of your AFCOE and issuance of your I-20 will take approximately two to three weeks from the date the Office of Admissions has reviewed and forwarded your documents to the Office of International Services.
Transfer Students: please note that the OIS cannot begin processing your documents until your SEVIS release date has passed and they have received your F-1 transfer form.
5. Once your I-20 is issued, OIS will send an email with shipping options.
The Conversation Exchange Program (CXP) provides an interactive and authentic way to connect with American native speakers to build confidence, improve conversational skills, and adapt to American culture. Through this semester-long program, students are paired with a native English speaker for 1 hour a week to enhance their cross-cultural skills and expand their professional and social network. For more information, please visit our webpage.
Gabelli TALK is a five-week online pre-graduate summer program to help you prepare for graduate studies in business in the US. The program is designed to enhance your communication skills so that you become more successful in the classroom, in your career, and in a social setting. It is also designed to provide you with a broader and deeper understanding of America through a variety of corporate virtual visits and cultural excursions around New York City. For more information, click here.