Elisha Simon (GSB ’17) and Yancy Carrasco (GSB ’16), contributing reporters
September’s Town Hall meeting with Dean Rapaccioli revealed news about where the Gabelli School is now, and where its headed, as well as many exciting plans for future programs and events students can benefit from.
Here are ten takeaways from the session, and great reasons for all Gabelli students to join Dean Rapaccioli at upcoming Town Hall meetings:
1) The unification of The Gabelli School of Business and the graduate business school continues to move forward.
2) The Gabelli School has a record number of applicants and a stronger freshman class than ever before.
3) Students come from across the US and around the world, with many joining us this year from California.
4) The Gabelli School’s business school rankings moved up from 40 to 38.
5) New technology plans include coding classes taught by professionals in various disciplines.
6) The Gabelli School Retreat is a great event that helps students to develop personally and professionally.
7) Other events such as the Frosh-Film Festival offer opportunities to learn about specific fields of study and meet professors and faculty.
8) Working with upperclassmen helps freshmen narrow their direction, choose majors and join the right student clubs for their interests.
9) Students on the Dean’s Council help drive positive changes in the Gabelli School that benefit all students, and anyone can apply.
10) Awesome snacks: chicken fingers and mac ‘n cheese!
We hope you’ll join us for the next Town Hall meeting and share your thoughts on what we can do to improve the learning experience for our business students!