If you want to become a member of Smart Woman Securities, now is your chance. Existing members and female students interested in joining this group — and taking part in its spectacular networking opportunities — are invited to this semester’s kick-off event (featuring free pizza!):
Date: Wednesday, February 6, 2013
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Location: Daleo Hall (lower level of Hughes)
Register: Not necessary! Simply show up.
Here’s everything you need to know:
What is Smart Woman Securities?
- SWS is an investment organization targeted specifically at undergraduate women interested in the financial markets. Members learn how to make wise investment decisions through market education, exposure to industry professionals, and real-world financial experience.
What are some of the group’s activities?
- Seminar Series: Students meet and network with professionals in finance, accounting, marketing and entrepreneurship.
- SWS National Stock Pitch Competition: This year, Fordham’s SWS team pitched Monster Beverage Corporation to a panel of executives from Fidelity in Boston and placed second out of 42 competing teams from all over the country!
- Community Service: Past events include volunteering at the National Breast Cancer Walk and Fordham’s Autism Speaks Walk, and presenting to high school students in Fordham’s RETC program.
What’s coming up?
- First Seminar Series event of the spring semester: Wednesday, February 13, 2013, at 7:30 p.m. Learn about careers in human resources from representatives of JP Morgan, Morgan Stanley & PwC!
- Women in Leadership Conference: April 2013, specific date TBA
- SWS National Warren Buffett trip: Selected members from our chapter will have an opportunity to travel to Omaha, Nebraska, to meet and learn from one of the most famed investors in the world.
For more information about joining SWS, please come to the kick-off meeting on Wednesday, February 6, or contact Emily Harman (GSB ’15), the group’s marketing chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The SWS crew hopes to see all returning and interested new members tomorrow!