Class of 2015:
The window is open for you to join the Finance Scholars.
Current sophomores with a GPA of 3.2 or better are invited to fill out the application for this prestigious group, which receives mentoring from finance advisor Lisa Henkoff over seven intensive weeks in the first semester of junior year. Participants meet high-ranking Fordham alumni on Wall Street, garner in-depth knowledge of the financial markets and receive valuable career-search preparation.
Applications are due May 6.
Finance Scholars are selected based on their academic achievements, extracurricular activities and internship experiences. Remember, only students with a 3.2 GPA or higher may apply.
The goals of the program are to:
- Integrate industry-specific knowledge and experiences into the Gabelli School of Business curriculum.
- Provide a forum for students to learn from highly successful alumni.
- Ensure that students have basic financial modeling skills, a working understanding of corporate valuation concepts, and fluency in the terminology of finance practitioners.
- Prepare students for finance and investment banking interviews.
- Create opportunities for students to network with young alumni currently working on Wall Street or elsewhere in finance.
- Allow students to experience life on Wall Street by shadowing alumni at their companies.
Distinguished Fordham alumni from a variety of disciplines, including investment banking, sales and trading, research, corporate finance, real estate and alternative investments, share their knowledge and professional perspectives with students in small-group settings.
In preparation for internship recruiting, students receive one-on-one critiques of their résumés and finance interview training from a former investment-banking recruiter.
Students also participate in a one-day modeling and valuation seminar conducted by an instructor who frequently teaches on Wall Street.
The Finance Scholars program concludes with a dinner attended by students, faculty and young alumni. Finance Scholars are then mentored informally throughout their junior year to assist in the realization of their career goals.
Former Finance Scholars have gone on to positions in prestigious firms such as Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Barclays, Credit Suisse, GE Capital, Goldman Sachs, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, J.P. Morgan and Morgan Stanley.
Applicants will be notified by U.S. postal mail over the summer whether they have been accepted. If you have any questions, please contact Lisa Henkoff at firstname.lastname@example.org.